Brain Integration Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics (“Code”) is based upon the understanding that the practice of Brain Integration brings with it responsibilities and duties related to the client, the public, and the profession that are best served through a common Code among practitioners. This Code upholds the fundamental principle that the paramount purpose of the Practitioner’s professional services shall be to benefit the client.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I commit to follow the highest standards of excellence and I will attend to my clients in accordance with established best practices.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct, and comply with all governmental jurisdictional rules and regulations, including the scope of certification or licensure that I operate under.
- My practitioner-client relationship is built on mutual respect, trust and cooperation. In keeping with these principles, as a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will demonstrate absolute honesty with regard to the client’s situation when communicating with the client and/or representatives of the client. I will not mislead clients into false or unjustified expectations of favorable results of services. In communications with a client and/or representatives of a client, as a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will not misrepresent my education, credentials, professional qualifications or scope of clinical ability.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will keep notes for professional purposes. As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I protect the client’s confidential information, except as the client directs or consents, or the law requires otherwise. I will keep professional notes for a minimum of 3 years.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will employ my best good faith efforts to provide information and facilitate understanding to enable the client to make an informed choice in regard to my proposed services. The client will make his or her own determination on such procedures, and I will not undertake any procedures without the client’s informed consent.
- My practitioner-client relationship requires me as a Brain Integration Practitioner to exercise utmost care that I will do nothing to exploit the trust and dependency of my client. I will ask permission from the client before performing any service, including the permission to touch. I choose to respect others and not harm anyone sexually. I will report and stop any sex-trafficking. I will not touch any areas of the client’s physical body that are sexually sensitive and areas that the client is uncomfortable with. Brain Integration is to be performed with the client being fully clothed. I will end any session immediately if a client makes or requests sexual advances and
discontinue future sessions. Sexual misconduct exploits the practitioner-client relationship and is a violation of the public trust.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I willingly consult and seek the talents of other professionals when such consultation would benefit my clients or when my clients express a desire for such consultation. I will receive authorization from my client regarding their care when there is any consultation with another professional, or I will keep all requests for assistance fully confidential and not reveal the identity of any clients. I will respect other Practitioners by not demeaning or discrediting other professionals and/or individuals. I will refer clients to other professionals when the issue is beyond the Scope of Practice of the Brain Integration Practitioner or beyond my skill level.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I never neglect nor abandon a client. Due notice will be afforded to my client and/or representatives of my client when care will be withdrawn so that appropriate alternatives for continuity of care may be arranged.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I am free to choose the clients that I will serve, just as clients are free to choose who will provide services for them. I will work to assist clients in emergency situations to the extent possible at the time. As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I do not discriminate service based on race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, creed, gender, disability or sexual preference.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I conduct myself as a member of a learned profession and as a member of the greater community dedicated to the promotion of learning, health, well-being, and the alleviation of suffering. As such, as a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will collaborate and cooperate with other professionals to protect and enhance the health of the public with the goals of increasing functional capacity, increasing mental capacity and reducing health care costs.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I exercise utmost care that advertising is truthful and accurate in representing my professional qualifications and degree of competence. Advertising will not exploit the vulnerability of future clients, will not be misleading and conform to all governmental jurisdictional rules and regulations in connection with professional advertising.
- As professions are self-regulating bodies, as a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will protect the public and the profession by reporting incidents of unprofessional, illegal, incompetent or unethical acts to appropriate authorities and organizations and will stand ready to testify in courts of law and in administrative hearings if appropriate to do so. Practitioners may request compensation if they are subpoenaed or otherwise requested to testify.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I have an obligation to the profession to endeavor to assure that my behavior does not give the appearance of professional impropriety. Any actions which may benefit me as a Practitioner to the detriment of the profession will be avoided so as to not erode the public trust.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will not use any substance, including illicit drugs, that could endanger my client. I will not sell illicit and harmful substances. As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I shall refrain from the use of any mind-altering drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to or during professional sessions.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I shall dress in a professional manner.
- As a Brain Integration Practitioner, I will recognize my obligation to continue my education and professional development to increase my skills and stay informed on current trends and research. I will maintain the highest standards of scholarship, education and training in the accurate and full dissemination of information and ideas.
If you are a client, a practitioner, or member of the public that feels that a practitioner we have certified has violated any of these ethical standards, please file your complaint with us. We will look into the allegations and take appropriate measures if our intervention is warranted.